Just as Dead Can Dance were utterly distinctive, so too, is the group’s Into the Labyrinth, the scintillating 1993 album that catapulted the Australian duo to greater mainstream success. Widely considered the group’s best work, the album finds members Gerald Perry and Lisa Gerrard moving away from the Renaissance style of their earlier albums and finding new ways of fusing ethnic sounds. Ethereal, textured, and deeply spiritual, Into the Labyrinth is one of the most gorgeous albums you will ever hear.
1. "Yulunga (Spirit Dance)" 6:56
2. "The Ubiquitous Mr Lovegrove" 6:17
3. "The Wind That Shakes the Barley" 2:49
4. "The Carnival Is Over" 5:28
5. "Ariadne" 1:54
6. "Saldek" 1:07
7. "Towards the Within" 7:06
8. "Tell Me About the Forest (You Once Called Home)" 5:42
9. "The Spider's Stratagem" 6:42
10. "Emmeleia" 2:04
11. "How Fortunate the Man With None" 9:15
About Silver Series: New from Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, the MoFi Silver Label Vinyl Series will feature an eclectic mix of recordings. This series is mastered and cut on the famous Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab state-of-the-art Tim de Paravacini-designed mastering system. Vinyl will be pressed at RTI on audiophile-grade standard vinyl and will be numbered limited-editions. Future releases will continue to stretch stylistic boundaries, as the MoFi Silver Label continues to explore music from many different genres. Expand your musical horizons with the Silver Label!